Sharing our stories to promote screening and awareness is something many of us are glad to do. Here some touching testimonies….
Emma whom I met thanks to the Pink Ladies Support Group, actually shared her story in a Blog series in Gulf News. Please see below the summer 2018 publications.
- I found and ignored a lump in my left breast
- My first ever mammogram revealed cancer
- Telling my son that I had breast cancer wasn’t easy
- My first chemo: What happened
- Cancer talk: Biopsies, MRIs and chemo sessions
- DIEP flap reconstruction was my way to go
- Being back at work and on the road to surviving cancer
- My life has changed in so many ways after surviving cancer
Lina from The Yogi Truck, teaches Yoga in Dubai and decided to give back to the community by teaching Yoga to lives touched by Cancer at the end of her treatment. Khaleej Times published her story in a moving video and blog in August 2018.
You, Me and the Big C: putting the CAN in Cancer
The BBC Radio 5 live show covers with an inspiring tone of voice all topics about Cancer. The show was launched by Lauren, Rachael and Deborah, 3 absolutely fun and touching ladies who are also Cancer patients in the recent years. Rachael unfortunately passed away last September 2018 but her legacy continues and the show goes on. A massive fan.
See here all their podcasts.
“I’m Liz O’Riordan, and I’m a Consultant Breast Surgeon. Ironically, in July 2015 I was diagnosed with Stage III breast cancer at the age of 40.” These are the first words of Liz on her blog. She also shared her experience in a great TED Talk.
The Cancer Majlis followers 2018 Highlights & Learning
Late 2018, The Cancer Majlis Social Media pages published the 2018 Highlights and Learning from readers. See below the touching and inspiring compilation (click on each gallery to enlarge):